A letter to my 15 year old self
Dear 15 year old Lara.
You're doing just great. The path you are travelling on is going to bring you to a happy, fulfilled life.
Here are just a few things you could do to tweak it:
1: Get OFF birth control, yesterday.
You aren't actually depressed. That prozac you are taking is treating a hormonal imbalance caused by your birth control. Your doctor isn' t going to put it together for you. You need to be your own advocate for this one.
2. You're smart!! You won't figure it out until its 'too late'. Know you are capable and smart and can do anything you put your mind to. Have confidence and push yourself harder than you think you can.
3. That leadership conference stuff you are doing, it will shape your personality, confidence, and social skills. You will make friends that will matter for the entirety of your life. Keep at it and try to incorporate it in to your career someday. You are a born leader and built to inspire.
4. Plan to travel more. At 15 I had no idea that I wanted to see the world. It was really around 23ish that I caught the bug. I should have booked a 6 month backpacking trip then. Obviously that isn't happening after kids. To any young ones reading this now, book a plane ticket!
5. On the topic of the travelling more: SAVE YOUR MONEY. You have a magnetic personality and will always have friends and memories. Stop waving your spoiled-ness around and save your money. Stash it away while you can, you were raised in a blessed enough home that it should be easy for you to do this.
6. That boy you have a crush on, the older one. With the piercing blue eyes. Hold on to that one.
7. Know how deeply appreciated, loved, and cared for you are. Don't take the people around you for granted. Love them, hard. Tell them always what they mean to you. I think you actually did a great job of this because you have many long time friends in your life. I just wanted to remind you.
8. You are going to turn out just WONDERFUL. So hold on tight and enjoy the ride! Feel all the feels, have all the fun, and live in the moment to the best of your ability!